Careful selection of recycled and recyclable materials, optimised construction techniques and the labeling of plastic parts with their material type all mean our vehicles can be recycled as efficiently as possible.
Volkswagen Group United Kingdom has partnered with Autogreen (Rewarding Recycling) to provide a Government-approved national network of take back points and certified dismantling companies. The Rewarding Recycling process will ensure that your vehicle is disposed of in a responsible and lawful manner, and that all necessary paperwork is completed in accordance with UK legislation and that all of this is fully auditable route for compliant vehicle disposal. To find your nearest Volkswagen Group-appointed recycling facility or to arrange collection, please call 0800 542 2002 or visit www.rewardingrecycling.co.uk.
All battery producers in the UK are required to be registered with the Government as part of an EU-wide initiative to increase battery collection/recycling and completely prohibit the landfill/incineration of automotive and industrial batteries. Volkswagen Group UK Ltd is registered as a Producer of Batteries under Registration Number BPRN00504.
When an automotive (starter) battery in your vehicle reaches its end of life, it can be delivered to the facilities listed below for disposal.
To find out the easiest way to dispose of your battery please search the "Recycling near you" directory
If requested, Volkswagen Group UK Limited can arrange for the automotive batteries it has produced to be collected from the types of sites listed above. Should you wish to arrange a collection, please email email@example.com
Businesses that place industrial batteries onto the UK market have an obligation to arrange for the treatment and recycling of these batteries. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK produce NiMH, Li-Ion and lead-acid industrial batteries.
If any of our customers or end users (as defined in the regulations) require us to take back industrial batteries they should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
1. Your name and address including where appropriate your registered company name, number and address.
2. Confirmation that you are an "end user of industrial batteries" within the meaning of the Regulations.
3. The make, chemistry type and, where visible, the serial number of the battery that you wish to dispose of (the "waste battery").
4. Where appropriate and it is known, the vehicle identification number (VIN / Chassis number) of the vehicle the waste battery is fitted or from which it was taken
5. Other relevant details relating to the request including the present location and condition of the waste battery. A photograph to help assess the condition of the battery would be appreciated.
6. If different from (1), the name and telephone number of the person who should be contacted to arrange for the collection or delivery of the waste battery.