December 2019 Prize Promotion
December 2019 Prize Promotion
1. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the Advent Campaign Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw"). Please read these Terms carefully. The Promoter: Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (trading as Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles) a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00514809, whose registered office is at Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN
2. The Prize Draw is open to residents of mainland Great Britain who are aged 18 years or over and who own a Volkswagen commercial or passenger van ("Qualifying Van"). The Prize Draw is not open to:
a. fleet operators;
b. customers who book a service through a Volkswagen Service Plan;
c. employees of the Promoter, its agents, contractors or group companies or Volkswagen Group Authorised Retailers, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw or their families.
3. To Enter: To enter the Prize Draw you must book, complete and pay for a service for your Qualifying Van at a participating Volkswagen Van Centre ("Service") between and including 1st December to 24th December 2019 ("the Prize Draw Period"). You must provide a valid email address and telephone number to your participating Volkswagen Van Centre to be eligible to take part in the Prize Draw (these details shall be used to contact Winners and/or to deliver Prizes) To be entered into the Prize Draw you must have fully paid for the Service on the relevant day. You will then be automatically entered into the Prize Draw.
4. You can find your local Volkswagen Van Centre at https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/find-a-van-centre .
5. If you own your Qualifying Van in connection with a business, then you must have your employer's permission to participate in the Prize Draw and to receive any Prize.
6. The Prize Draw is not available in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
7. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
8. Winner Selection: 24 winners will be drawn at random from all valid and eligible entries received across all participating Volkswagen Van Centres during the Prize Draw Period ("Winners"). The Winners will be selected on 8 January 2020.
9. Winners shall be chosen at random using an independently verified computer system.
10. There is a maximum of one Prize per person. In the event the same entrant's name is drawn for a second or subsequent prize, another entrant will be drawn at random until a different entrant is chosen.
11. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant[s] it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the Prize Draw or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
12. The Promoter will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its Volkswagen Van Centres. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption, lost, delayed, incomplete, altered, illegible or not received entries or Winner notifications.
13. If at any time an entrant wishes to withdraw from the Prize Draw, he or she should make a request in writing to the Promoter.
14. The name of the Winners and the Prizes won will (unless the name of a Winner is the name of an individual person and they have objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by the Promoter before 1st March 2020.
15. The Prize: Each Winner will receive a prize of a rebate of the price they paid for their Service up to a maximum of £250 (excluding VAT) ("Prize"). If a winner paid more than £250 (excluding VAT) for their Service, then they will only receive a rebate of £250 (excluding VAT). If a winner paid less than £250 (excluding VAT) for their Service, they will only receive a rebate for the total price paid.
16. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it for another prize which, in its sole discretion, is of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
17. Entrants must provide a valid email address and contact telephone number to the Volkswagen Van Centre when their Service is booked and these details will be used to contact the Winners. Winners will be contacted by email or telephone within seven (7) days of the selection of Winners, by the Volkswagen Van Centre that undertook the Service.
18. Further Prize Details and Conditions: Winners must acknowledge their win and provide a copy of their invoice for the Service within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize for that draw to a substitute Winner selected in the same way as the original Winner. If requested by the relevant Volkswagen Van Centre, Winners must return to the Volkswagen Van Centre where they completed their Service to receive their rebate which shall be paid to the Winner in the same form which they used to pay for their Service.
19. Winners may be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to enter the promotion (including by providing a valid form of government issued ID) on request by the Promoter. Proof of purchase is required - Winners will be required to provide a copy of their invoice for the Service in order to receive their Prize. Rebates will be paid to Winners within 7 days of the Winner acknowledging their Prize, providing a copy of their Service invoice and any other evidence requested under these Terms. Winners who own their Qualifying Van in connection with a business will be responsible for any tax liabilities which may arise in connection with the receipt of the Prize.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final in all circumstances and the Promoter reserves the right to delay, foreclose, postpone or withdraw the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter the Terms at any time and without prior notice.
21. Any personal data (as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (EU)) provided by the entrant will be held in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation currently in force and in line with our privacy statement and / or the privacy statement of the Volkswagen Van Centre at which you book your Service. To view our privacy statement, please visit: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/tools/navigation/footer/legal/privacy-policy.html . If you would like to know more about how the Volkswagen Van Centre at which you make your Service booking processes your personal data, please consult their website or enquire within.
22. Any personal information supplied in connection with this Prize Draw will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted at here.
23. By entering this Prize Draw, the Winners agree and acknowledge that they may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional or press purposes.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the Winner (i.e. the Volkswagen Van Centre at which their Service was carried out) in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
25. If, for any reason, the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to reasons of, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Prize Draw, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw without notice and liability to any entrant.
26. If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this draw, these conditions will apply.
27. If any provisions of these Terms are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation, in full force and effect, the remainder of the provisions.
28. By entering this Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
29. The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law and any disputes or claims must be referred to the English courts. Scottish consumers may also refer disputes or claims to the Scottish courts.